Saturday, October 17, 2009

York Asks Us Why You

York University Cheerteam kept screaming in our ears, during the Lions' near win against the Ottawa Gee Gees 54-31, "Hey Why You"?

Kind of reminded me of how Redeemer always has that religious philosophy mantra "What Time Is It"?, I know it is year two of three since my original acceptance letter to York, with time a ticking downward in an ever going and growing spiral. So, it kept going off in my head for this second year of football recruitment days, throughout all the speeches by Football Head Coach Mike Mclean and Athletic Director of Sports and Recreation Jennifer Myers. Even going home to watch replay of tonight's End in North Bend, where Notre Dame barely lost it to UniSoCal 34-27 with shades of the Lions game found within, I could hear that old refrain over and over again.

So this brings us to why, York asks us "Hey Why You"?, to which we reply "Hey Why Not"!