Friday, July 07, 2006

First Dominion, then Independence and now To Day

Happy 139th Birthday Canada and 230th United States of America!!! First Dominion, then Independence, and now To Day, it has been a lot of fireworks, barbecues and just overall partying for any all around duel citizen of this sweet continent on Earth (our Third rock from the Sun).

I actually wrote two historical op-eds on the national birthdays, "In God We Trust" in 2001 for the United States of America's 225th Independence Day in select Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota daily newpapers and weekly publications then later "From Sea to Sea" in 2004 for Canada's 137th Dominion Day in select Ontario daily newpapers and weekly publications, both had been well-written so to capture the exact feeling one has for the best of each nation as only those of both can feel.

So party on Canada and United States of America, because with Mexico, this 1/7th of the World needs to be the Grand Old North American Continent of days past and reclaim the liberty, freedom and democracy we all once stood for or else we may never return back to it ever again.



Getting back into the motions, I was offered admission into the degree program at Redeemer (University) College at Ancaster as a full-time student for the 2006-07 academic year, so this September will change once more from getting up early to the office for the first real estate deal of the day to getting up late to go to the classroom for the last university studies course of the night.

As Redeemer provides a Top Three Theological Seminary College (similar in style to the Christian classical clerical Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf which Pierre Elliot Trudeau had attended) for quality liberal arts and science in Canada fighting with the Pacific's Trinity Western University in Langley for the Gold while various other institutions across the Atlantic fight it out for bronze, I suspect the broad based arts and sciences curriculum, its degree program for the under and graduate aren't the hook though since their new students party-hardy on a vibrant, ever-growing and expanding co-ed campus, but as RUC doesn't even have track and field, I'm not looking to Royals athletics even if I can hit a mean trey so it's hard-core academics from a full one year straight.

My faculty advisory is led by Dr. David T. Koyzis who is the Professor and Department Chair of Political Science, is committed to excellence in teaching, learning and assessment which will engage the mind, heart and soul so we will just have to see if getting back into the saddle of academic scholarship will allow me the time to adjust to the academic rigor, tolerance and discipline of interuniversity studies.



Finally, as this is my first post in a web site log that is my own personally, I can't believe that a decade less a year after we launched my web site (1997) that we have been reduced to little pea in a pod journals where it's just about me, me and me, so the intent here will be at least once a month, making that a dozen times in a year, I will have to speak about us making that quasi artificial me into a definitely real we.